Courses Provided at Darshan School and Institute
- Special School for Hearing Impaired children from classes 1 to 10.
- Computer Courses
- Summer training courses in Computers for profoundly Hearing Impaired youth
Aims and Objectives:
- To run a school (non-formal education) for handicapped (hearing-impaired) children upto Class 10.
- To provide computer software training for profoundly hearing impaired youth.
- To provide skilling with vocational literacy for older profoundly hearing impaired youth.
- To assist them to obtain employment.
- To establish a resource centre and a data bank for potential employment/job opportunities.
The objectives of the Society includes providing education and vocational training to disabled youth, a neglected segment in most societies worldwide. Darshan decided that the first step toward achieving this goal was to set up a special school for young hearing impaired children, (‘catch them young’) providing them hearing aids and special learning techniques, special teachers, speech therapists, learning visual appliances, uniforms and importantly a nourishing mid-day meal, not least because of their general problems of malnourishment and hygiene.